Why Jivan Chakra Foundation?
This residential 100 Hour Yoga Training Program with Jivan Chakra Foundation is all about experiment different dimensions of Yoga to enhance and discover your hidden qualities and make you become the best yoga teacher. This beautiful journey of transformation happens with your great patience and the right attitude. Jivan Chakra Foundation always guides you during yoga journey to explore your maximum possibilities for complete growth. Complete growth means complete growth of your five bodies. The physical body, Mental body, Pranic body, Understanding body and Bliss body. How these bodies works, how can you balance these bodies and lots of questions you can find out during the course. This Yoga TTC also helps you to handle your emotion, anger, stress, tension and develop your peace, love, happiness and more possibilities as per your personality.
Whilst prior experience and practice in Hatha Yoga before enrolling in the 100 hour teacher training course is beneficial, we also welcome beginners looking for an immersive introduction into the Hatha style of yoga. The most important factor is that participants come with an open mind and desire to learn.
It is important to be mindful that courses at Jivan Chakra are physically and mentally demanding with 9-12 hours of classes a day, so applicants should be in good physical shape and able to fully dedicate themselves to the course – 100% attendance of all classes is mandatory.
Rishikesh is a holy city and therefore meat, alcohol and other recreational substances are not permitted in the area. Students are not required to follow a vegetarian diet at home but we request students do not bring meat or prohibited substances to the course in order to respect the local culture and fully experience the benefits of the yoga practices.Courses are conducted in English and so basic English ability is required as students will be required to understand classes in English and practice their teaching in English.
Spaces on the Jivan Chakra programs are granted on a first come first serve basis to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
Teacher Training Dates
|Course Date||Course Fee||Registration|
|13 October 2019 to 25 October 2019||USD 596|
|3 November 2019 to 14 November 2019||USD 596|
|15 November 2019 to 27 November 2019||USD 596|
|1 December 2019 to 12 December 2019||USD 596|
|13 December 2019 to 25 December 2019||USD 596|
|3 January 2020 to 14 January 2020||USD 596|
|15 January 2020 to 27 January 2020||USD 596|
|1 February 2020 to 12 February 2020||USD 596|
|13 February 2020 to 25 February 2020||USD 596|
|3 March 2020 to 14 March 2020||USD 596|
|15 March 2020 to 27 March 2020||USD 596|
|1 April 2020 to 12 April 2020||USD 596|
|13 April 2020 to 25 April 2020||USD 596|
|3 May 2020 to 14 May 2020||USD 596|
|15 May 2020 to 27 May 2020||USD 596|
|1 June 2020 to 12 June 2020||USD 596|
|13 June 2020 to 25 June 2020||USD 596|
|3 July 2020 to 14 July 2020||USD 596|
|15 July 2020 to 27 July 2020||USD 596|
|1 August 2020 to 12 August 2020||USD 596|
|13 August 2020 to 25 August 2020||USD 596|
|3 September 2020 to 14 September 2020||USD 596|
|15 September 2020 to 27 September 2020||USD 596|
|1 October 2020 to 12 October 2020||USD 596|
|13 October 2020 to 25 October 2020||USD 596|
|3 November 2020 to 14 November 2020||USD 596|
|15 November 2020 to 27 November 2020||USD 596|
|1 December 2020 to 12 December 2020||USD 596|
|13 December 2020 to 25 December 2020||USD 596|
Facilities & Inclusions
12 Days Course
Yoga Alliance Participation Certificate
Hot & Cold Water Facility
Two times Nutritious Meals
2 times Tea Everday
Yogic Purification Kit
Short Excursion Trips
Doing my training at Jivan Chakra Foundation was one of the best experiences of my life. There is nothing comparable to studying under these great teachers on the banks of the holy Ganga. Everything is taken care of, accommodation, food etc. all you have to do is show up and give all you can. This is was a true transformational month.Rishi KrishnatreDehradun, India
The time at Jivan Chakra was definitely one of the best times in my life! I finished my TTC and stayed there 5 more months to volunteer because i couldn't leave. The place is incredible and the Jivan Chakra crew is even more. I really recommend to all of the people who want to get deeper into their Ashtanga practice or to become teachers to go to there!Poleg BaumIzrael
I attended the Jivan Chakra hatha yoga teacher training in the fall of last year. I had a basic yoga practice, but the course opened me up to more than I could have ever imagined. Studying under the teachers at Jivan Chakra Foundation are some of the most talented in the world, and I am truly lucky to have started my journey in yoga with them. The course will be difficult and at times exhausting, but what you learn and the experience you receive is priceless. I highly suggest anyone interested in doing a hatha yoga teacher training in India to consider Rishikesh and especially Jivan Chakra Foundation, as I do not think you can have a better experience anywhere.Adam BinfordUnited States of America
The TTC program has 8-12 hours of classes scheduled a day, with one rest day per week. Here is an example schedule:
- 06:30 – 08:00 — Pranayama/ Meditation / Mantra Chanting
- 08:30 – 10:15 –Hatha Yoga AsanaClass
- 10:30 – 12:00 — Brunch / Free Time
- 12:00 – 13:30 –Adjustment & Alignment class
- 13:45 – 14:30 — Yoga Nidra Class / Rest Time
- 14:30 – 15:00 — Tea time/ Snack / Refresh Time
- 15:00 – 16:30 — Philosophy / Guest Lecturers / Yoga Sutra Study
- 16:45 – 18:00 — Workshop / Study Time / Teaching Practice
- 18:30 – 20:15 — Dinner Time / Free Time/ Rest Time
- 20:15 – 21:00 — Meditation
- 21:00 – 06:00 — Mauna / Silence/ Rest/ Sleep
100 Hour Yoga TTC Syllabus
PRIMARY SERIES ASANA
- Surya Namaskara A
- Surya Namaskara B
- Utthita Trikonasana
- Parivritta Trikonasana
- Utthita Parsvakonasana
- Parivritta Parsvakonasana
- Prasarita Padottanasana A, B, C D
- Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana A, B, C, D
- Arddha Baddha Padmottanasana
- Virabhadrasana A, B
- Setu Bandhasana
- Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Salamba Sarvangasana
- Urdhva Padmasana
- Uttana Padasana
- Sirsasana A, B
- Baddha Padmasana
PRANAYAMA AND BREATHING TECHNIQUES
- Nadi Shodhana
- Surya Bhedan
- Chandra Bhedan
- Yogic Breathing
THEORY AND PHILOSOPHY
- History and tradition of Yoga
- Schools of Yoga
- Patanjali Ashtanga Yoga
- Concept of Prana
- Theory on Kundalini
- Physical and psychological effects of Pranayama
- Introduction to Bhagavad Gita
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Introduction to Six Indian Philosophies
- Relevance of Omkara in Yoga System
- Consistent practice and Detachment (Abhayasa and Vairagya)
- Concept of the Divine and Surrender to the Divine in yoga (concept of Isvara and Isvarapranidhana)
- Foundations of Yoga
- Yoga and psychology
- The Yoga Mala - Sri K. Pattahbi Jois
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Swami Venkatesananda, Motilal publications
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha (APMB) Yoga Darshan - Swami Niranjanananda Ji The Heart of Yoga, T.K.V. Desikachar
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- The Science of Breath- Dr. M.L. Ghorole
- Perennial Psychology of the Bhagavad Gita
Food & Accommodation
- Eating can also be considered a proper practical in which you seek universal balance. You have to develop mindful eating practice can provide a ground that truly supports your personality & Yoga practice
- Two time (Brunch & Dinner) meals per day
- All Meals are vegetarian, nutritious, healthy and balance diet
- A nourishing diet with fruits, vegetables, Indian herbs are added to the meal plan on an everyday basis
- Two times Tea or coffee during the course
Accommodation during the course is included in your fees and is provided by Jivan Chakra in Ram Jhula, Rishikesh at the Jivan Building or nearby residence. All rooms are private, basic and comfortable with attached bathroom. Facilities include two twin beds, hot water and shower and bedding. Towels are also availableupon request. Wifi is included! Laundry facilities can be arranged for an extra charge, and students are able to wash their own clothes in their rooms if they wish. You will find that most of your time is spent in the yoga shala and with classmates, however you are ensured your own comfortable space in which to retreat to and relax in-between classes.
All accommodation is within a 10 minute walk from the classes which are held in various locations across the lively Ram Jhula village. Students are conveniently located nearby to local cafes, shops, Ayurvedic treatment centres and of course the beautiful holy Ganges river. There is much to do in the area including browsing through local shops of Indian clothes, Ayurvedic products and books, treating yourself to a massage, or simply exploring the surrounding landscape – jungle clad hills, nearby waterfalls and beautifully situated temples are all possibilities. For days off there are plenty of delicious local cafes and restaurants, chai stands and juice houses. Inevitably you will end up meeting fellow yoga students and striking up conversation in the relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
The course fees include two full meals per day and one snack with tea in the afternoon (except for on rest days). The food is delicious, vegetarian and made with love, and the menu is designed to be light and sattvic to best keep your body nourished and strong for your yoga practice. Ingredients are locally sourced fresh from the markets, and meals are prepared in our kitchen daily.
Brunch consists of seasonal fruits including pineapple, watermelon, papaya, pomegranate and bananas. Also served is muesli, yoghurt, honey, homemade nut butters, porridge, toast, and a traditional savoury Indian option – no one goes hungry!
The dinner menu changes from evening to evening but favourite dishes include lentil and chickpea dals, mixed vegetable curries, salad, tofu, Indian style spiced potatoes, rice, chapatti and occasionally something Western for a taste of home. Desserts including rice pudding, halva and chocolate balls are sometimes provided and always go down a treat!
If you have any dietary requirements please inform us so that we may ensure there are adequate options for you at mealtimes.
Our Yoga Course Benefits
- Course designed for growth looking towards the human nature & personality
- Teacher of JCF are not only a yoga teacher but also they are practitioner as well as motivations with good will
- Basic knowledge about Asana and its proper practice can make you realize the importance of Asana
- Basic knowledge about Pranayama and its daily practice helps you to experience the working of energy/prana within you
- “What is prana, what is kundalini & how to awaken these prana / kundalini?” you can experience & get the right technique over here in JCF
- Get ‘Pranayama schedule’ - for your daily practice
- A proper step towards Meditation helps you to discover “what actually peace is”
- JCF helps to sit for longer time is one posture for meditation / Pranayama
- Mantra and its daily practice help you creat such an energy field around you,no egetivity can enter within
- One can experience the vibration of ‘MANTRA’ over here in JCF
- Our Philosophy class is really related with practical growth not only intellectual information
- Our Philosophy class really helps to develop one’s real understanding
- Our Philosophy class is related with the practical problems & its solution by Indian philosophy scriptures
- Basic knowledge about Yogic Purification and its practice helps to prepair you for Pranayama and meditation
- JCF presents the proper knowledge about human body system which helps to deal with your body
- Basic principles of Yoganidra and Relaxetation really helps to you to redesign your life
- Our Yognidra class helps one to deal with the sub – conscious mind (Just imagine deal with sub – conscious mind)
- Basic principles of Ayurveda and its application
- JCF Naturopathy class helps you to creat a balance between you and nature for smooth life
- JCFhelps to learn the anciant methods “how to teach others”(teaching methodology) in right way
- Basic understanding of ‘GOAL’ AND ITS necessity in life
- Developing Focusing attitude, step by step and day by day
- Enhancing observing power-for praper understanding
- Developing confidence-for growth and success
- What is discipline & why it is necessary for growth
- Different between discipline & present moment
- What is understanding & how to develop it?
- Thankfulness and its daily practice.( Thankfulness is the essance of all religion and real understanding
- You are learning here “how to be positive always” in every situation in practical life
- Excellent location & good environment you can find here in JCF
- Yoga is a way to freedom
- Yoga is a fountain of youth
- Yoga is a practice of quieting the mind
- Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that India requires all visitors to obtain a visa prior to their arrival in the country. Please ensure that you allow plenty of time to arrange your visa as sometimes the process is lengthier than expected. Applications may be submitted to your local Indian Consulate or Visa Services provider prior to your departure from your home country.
We recommend that you take care of any necessary arrangements i.e. banks, healthcare, travel insurance etc beforeyou depart so that you may fully focus on your course and be here without any distractions.
You are welcome to bring electronics that you need to use during your stay e.g. laptop, tablet, camera etc. We do recommend that you leave valuables such as jewellery at home or else ensure that you can keep them safely whilst you are here. Whilst Rishikesh is a safe city and we maintain your safety and security as an absolute priority, unfortunately theft happens everywhere and Jivan Chakra cannot bear responsibility in the case of valuables going missing.
When you arrive in Rishikesh please come to meet us! The orientation meeting is held on the first day of the course, but you are welcome to arrive earlier to familiarise yourself with the area and refresh and revitalise after travelling before the course begins. Please note that accommodation and classes before the course are not included in the course fees, and should be arranged separately as appropriate.
At the orientation meeting, you will meet your fellow classmates and the teachers will outline the course schedule and material, locations of classes and answer any other questions about the course.
If you wish to register for any of the Jivan Chakra courses, please complete and submit the registration form online. Please note that payment of your deposit is required to secure your place and until we have received this we are not able to guarantee your position on the course. Alternatively if you need any further assistance in making your application please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you further. Spaces on the courses are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Jivan Chakra reserves the right to accept or reject any registration form submitted without providing further explanation.
The course deposit and fees are non-refundable so please ensure that you have the relevant insurance in place in case of any circumstances that would stop you from attending the course.
Students may transfer their registration to an alternative course in the event of exceptional circumstances. Fees are valid for one year from the original course date.